COVID-19-Related Product Delays
Mar 24, 2020
As the impact of the national novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to expand across the country, MI Windows and Doors has received several inquiries about its ability to supply windows and doors. This update is being provided to address those concerns. Products sold by MI Windows and Doors in North America are made in the United States. The vast majority of MI’s raw materials are sourced domestically through multiple suppliers. The few raw materials sourced internationally have backup domestic sources that can be used in the event of a shortage or shipping delays. While the situation is of course fluid, at this time MI does not anticipate any significant delays or interruptions to its supply of raw materials or finished goods.
However, delivery of several product offerings will be affected due to government-mandated shutdowns impacting several of our suppliers. Impacted products and options are:
▪ 1615, 1617, and 1618 custom patio doors will have a 4-6-week lead time. Custom doors include custom sizes, painted exterior or woodgrain interior doors, and DP50/Impact doors. Stock door lead times will be unchanged.
▪ Painted exterior products will have a 4-5-week lead time
▪ Flex Screens will have a 2-3-week lead time.
▪ Garden windows will have a 2-month lead time.
▪ Customers serviced out of Flower Mound, Texas will need to account for an additional week of lead time for all of these options to account for the transfer of product from Pennsylvania.
MI will continue to provide updates on this evolving situation as they become available. For the latest Coronavirus-related information from MI, visit www.miwindows.com/covid19.
Please contact your territory sales representative or regional manager for more information.